Since 1983, “BMTI” has stood for independent “Brokers Market & Trend Information” in the international maritime markets, particularly in Dry Bulk shipping.
BMTI has become one of the few truly independent market research and news agencies in the international dry shipping industry from its early days as a telex-based freight report.
A network of individual correspondents, all active in the market, provides a selection of English-language news from all aspects of the shipping markets. The BMTI team of editors reviews, evaluates, condenses and prepares a daily report, supplemented by facts and indices of international shipping organizations, trading exchanges and futures clearing houses.
BMTI currently publishes Dry Cargo reports you may subscribe to …
- The weekly BMTI ShortSea Report, unique in the shipping Coaster industry—covering the coastal shipping sector of Europe & neighbouring countries / continents—with Fixtures and sections such as Bunker / S&P / Coaster Indices / Investments etc.
- BMTI Daily Report, BMTI’s core product, a daily worldwide freight market report – with Fixtures and weekly side-views onto Bunker / Container / S & P / Market-Indices / ShortSea / Investments etc.
- The BMTI Weekly Summary, the weekly ReCap Report – a condensed summary of the ‘BMTI Daily Reports’ of the previous week.
Starting from 2010, BMTI is publishing a serious of professional Research Studies covering the field of Maritime Market & Shipping Intelligence:
- the “Anatomy of a Shipping Crisis – 2004-2016”, a yearly published situation analysis of the maritime DryBulk industry over the past decade, as well as the
- “Perspective 2017”, an annual forecast analysis of the Shipping
And a range of important experts Studies on shipping segments – such as ShortSea shipping:
- “Short Sea on the Move – What to expect from 2017-2018 [5,000 – 10,000 dwt]” – a future assessment for the ShortSea market,
- “Investors’ Closer Look (European Short Sea Investments)” a decision tool for future shipping investments – comparing ShortSea market against DeepSea market, or
- “European Short Sea MPP Vessels of 5,000 – 6,500 dwt”, a study dealing specifically with the shipping sector of MPP vessels & their aspects.
BMTI subscribers and readers are made up on the one hand from direct market players, Brokers on the Cargo as well as on the Tonnage side, from Charterers & commodity Traders as well as Shipowners & Managers/Operators and made up from members out of all commercial areas, directly or indirectly related to international maritime transportation.